Facts about Autism
- Autism spectrum Disorder also known as ASD is a developmental disability that can cause social, communication, and behavioral challenges.
- Autism now affects approximately 1 in 68 children.
- Boys are nearly five times more likely to have autism, about 1 in 42.
- There is no cure, however with early intervention symptoms can greatly improve.
- Autism is one of the fastest growing developmental disorders.
In helping to raise awareness we would like to feature some of the great resources we have available at McLure Education Library!
100 Ideas for Supporting Pupils on the Autistic Spectrum
Developing College Skills in Students with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
The New Social Story Book
The Social Skills Picture Book
Please check out our Curriculum Materials area for sensory manipulatives!
The Mystery Box
For additional resources please visit: https://autism-clinic.ua.edu
Special thanks to The University of Alabama Autism Spectrum Disorders Clinic. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this clinic and the services they provide.
Content created by: Kristy Justice