UA Libraries are now a member of BioMed Central. This STM publisher offers peer-reviewed open access journals. BioMed Central is publisher of biology, health, and medicine titles, including BMC Biology and BMC Medicine and, in addition, several other health-related journals.
Research articles in BioMed Central journals are freely accessible online immediately upon publication. Authors of BioMed Central articles retain copyright to their work. Content in their journals is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
With this membership, UA faculty can publish in BioMed Central journals at discounted rates. Open access is a good way to leverage visibility of your research. PubMed Central journals may be worth a second look if you haven’t already tried.
A new version of Scout, the UA Libraries online catalog, will be available on August 10. The all new Scout offers enhanced searching, more content, superior presentation, and lightning speed. More significantly, the new edition of Scout indexes many kinds of content, including books, journal articles, and technical reports.
When using Scout, patrons can:
- Search for and download electronic books and technical reports
- Search for and download electronic scholarly articles
- Easily create links to specific content
- Search for and locate hardcopy books in libraries’ collections
- Locate bound journal titles in the libraries’ collections
- Request journal articles and books housed in the UA Libraries Annex
Scout is a robust, modern discovery system. From a clean and simple interface, patrons can search for and acquire much of the content they need for study, instruction, and research. Scout delivers! Try it today.