The 2021 Library of Congress National Book Festival starts Friday 9/17.
Author Rick Bragg, whose book, The Speckled Beauty is the 2021 Alabama Great Reads, will be featured in an author panel that can be accessed here on Monday 9/20 Great Reads from Great Places .
You can create your own Festival experience from a variety of programs and formats with an expanded schedule over 10 days, Sept. 17-26.
- Engage with your favorite authors through virtual live events and on-demand videos
- Watch a national television special produced with PBS Books
- Listen to a podcast interview on the go from NPR
- Tune in to author interviews on Washington Post Live
- Attend an in-person ticketed event at the Library
- Discover new authors and books on the Festival website
- Learn about your national library and its collections
- Explore your local events and Great Reads from Great Places
- Share your experience on social media and invite others to join
Author events and videos are all organized into one of the following genres:
Authors & Moderators
Explore the full lineup of authors, check out their biographies and discover their featured books.
Learn more about our moderators.
Meet the Library of Congress experts hosting special interactive presentations.
Programs & Schedule
The 2021 National Book Festival takes place Sept. 17-26, with a variety of programs and formats. On Sept. 17 at 10 a.m. ET, 35 video-on-demand programs will become available to watch anytime. The full Festival schedule of live programs features 38 virtual author conversations, nine audience Q&A sessions for children and teens, two in-person events with simultaneous livestreaming, and five interactive presentations with Library of Congress experts. This year, the Festival also features a national television special and related events on PBS, NPR podcasts, and author interviews on Washington Post Live. You can also explore events closer to home with the Festival Near You, which features related programs from local organizations and affiliate Centers for the Book.
All programs livestreaming from the National Book Festival website will be held Sept. 17-26, between noon and 8 p.m. ET on weekends and between 3 and 8 p.m. ET on weekdays. All live programs will include time at the end for audience Q&A. Only one program will livestream at any given time, meaning this year you won’t need to make any tough choices on which program to attend! Check out the schedule online or download a printable pdf (PDF 895KB).