Morgan Hall has been sitting in its corner of the UA Quad for about 100 years, and various Digital Collections in Acumen document its use over the years.
According to the University website, Morgan Hall was named for John Tyler Morgan. A Tennessee native, Morgan moved to Alabama as a child, and he eventually became a skilled lawyer and speaker, serving as Brigadier General in the Confederate army and as a post-war U.S. Senator. Morgan Hall hosts the department of English and houses Morgan Auditorium.
Long before there was a Morgan Hall, the Gorgas House stood nearby, along with the mighty Gorgas Oak. Here it is, casting its shade on the building, in the 1910s or 1920s…
…and in the late 1960s:
Morgan Hall has been photographed many times, as an example of the Beaux-Arts style of architecture. It was built as a mirror image of Smith Hall, on the opposite side of the quad. (Use this link to find images of Smith Hall.)
The beauty of the building made it an ideal place to take formal group portraits like these, circa 1918:
Morgan Hall has presided over a lot of student activity.
But this is probably the most shocking image of the building: parking at the door!